Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Current ampifier for monostable pulse generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I need to boost the current of the pulse in a monostable pulse generator **broken link removed**
in order to drive a small RF toroid transformer (low frequency Hz-KHz)

I have an L165 power opamp, how could I do it?

The attached picture shows the opamp in astable operation, but I need monostable.
Do not stick with the L165, discrete would be better for me.

Attachments

• ast.png
    ast.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

There is monostable multivibrators also available with opamp but for simple circuitry use the 555 circuit and use the power opamp as voltage follower.

There is monostable multivibrators also available with opamp but for simple circuitry use the 555 circuit and use the power opamp as voltage follower.

I have also seen this circuit
https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/waveforms/monostable.html
the second picture with the discrete BJT monostable.
I believe that if I could replace R2 with a high wattage one, I could obtain a big output current, since the current is flowing through this resistor during ON and through TR2 when off.
So TR2 and R2 have to be power components, but TR1 and R1 do not need to.
What do you think about this aproach?

The multivibrator circuit wont work when you directly load them so better use any mono stable multiviibrator of your choice but use a voltage follower with opamp to ensure the high output current doesnt disturb the output timings....
op-amp-buf.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back