Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST Ports decoupled regions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato01

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am running a coaxial horn in CST. I defined the port that cover the inside cylindrical waveguide and the outside coaxial waveguide
I receive this warning:

"Port 1 contains 2 decoupled regions. Please consider defining one port for each of these regions. Note that electric shielding is enabled. Disabling electric shielding could eliminate the problem"

How to fix this problem?

I looked in the Help but I did not understand what to do.
I understand I need to increase the mesh density but:
1. What to mesh finer: the Port surface or the whole body?
2. I increased the mesh quite a bit and still got the same warning
3. In the help it says deactivate "electric shielding. Well this option IS unchecked

They have a macro in the Solve/Port menu "Allow overlapping Ports". I run it and still get the same warning

if i remmeber correctly once i got that error when i had a non uniform input feed.
maybe you should make the coax simpler?

I think you should just do what it suggests -- decompose your port into two separate ports; one covering just the inner waveguide, and one outside that covering just the region between the waveguide and the outer coaxial conductor. This would consist of two concentric objects: the inner one a circle and the outer a disc with a hole that is filled by the inner circle.

I did, however CST port definition is a square even thought the selection is a circle or annular circle. So they overlap again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back