Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST mesh size for resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ychy123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,

I have a problem with CST.
I am simulating a coplanar resonator using CST software, see link:
https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6857748900_1461403155.png

I want to increase the dielectric constant of the substrate from 100 to 10000.
So far I am not sure how I should mesh the structure, because whenever I change the mesh the results of my simulation change also, although all other parameters remain constant!
I know that when I change the dielectric constant of my substrate also the wavelength changes according to \[\lambda_0\]/\[\sqrt{\varepsilon}\], when the frequency f remains constant. I always calculate the wavelength using CST macro "calculate wavelength".
I heard once that the mesh size should be 1/10 of the wavelength. But I think that is sometimes really coarse, because when dealing with microwaves (I have frequencies between 1 and 10 GHz) the wavelength is quite large and therefore the mesh.

Does someone of you know what is the ideal mesh for my structure or how I can figure it out?

Best regards,

ychy123

set the mesh to a level you believe it should be, and then start the simulation with adaptive mesh refinement. simulation will refine your mesh until least changes detected with respect to previous simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back