Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cst accurate simulation of a 435 MHz helix antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew77

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm designing a 21 turns 435 MHz helix antenna (L=2 wavelength) and simulate with transient analysis: with 4,9 M mesh cells it takes around > 28 hours and 1K staircase cells. Maximum gain simulated is at 400 MHz VS 435 MHz calculated from updated research

With integral Solver and 34 steps/wavelength now the maximum gain si around 440 MHz, but as I start the simulation issue occurs: "The minimum mesh quality is very low (6,64e-002). Please consider increase the mesh quality. A better mesh quality improves the simulation time".
How can I get rid of this warning? I tried to increase the mesh but this doesn't change a lot

thanks

Solved,
To increase mesh quality simply there mustn't be too small basic objects with too sharp changes in surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back