Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating PSD Plot for random signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rg21

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,:smile:

I have to create a psd plot. As of now, i don't have any input signal or known function to base my input upon.:sad: Although i will get them after two months.:-DThe only thing known to me is the range the input values should lie between.
So i thought of generating random values in that range and use them as my input.

I need help with the procedure to be followed and any other functions i could use in this regard.

Thank you for the reply

Hi rg21,

Have a look at the statistical signal processing toolbox of Matlab in the following link:
**broken link removed**
It contains many methods for PSD calculation.

Best regards.

Reactions: rg21

rg21

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,:smile:

I have to create a psd plot. As of now, i don't have any input signal or known function to base my input upon.:sad: Although i will get them after two months.:-DThe only thing known to me is the range the input values should lie between.
So i thought of generating random values in that range and use them as my input.

I need help with the procedure to be followed and any other functions i could use in this regard.

Thank you for the reply

Use this function in matlab periodogram

Reactions: rg21

rg21

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Generate a stream of random numbers, calculate their autocorrelation function using autocorr then calculate its FFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.