Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating LM view for reference library

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshendu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
specify location of lm library

Hi,
I am a new user to Astro. I have been attempting to do the P&R for a particular netlist, but i am encountering an error while doing the CTS

The warning that is issued to me is "No timing information in any libraries".

I checked my refernece library, provided by the vendor. It contains only the FRAM view and no LM view. I tried to create the LM view using the .db library files along with this library, be i have been unsucessful in this attempt.

I'm not even sure if i am on the right track! May i know if i have understood the problem correctly and how should i go about solving this?

Thnaks

astro lm view

yes u r right. u need to create LM view for ur reference designs. Load ur .db file using Librrary Preparation-->CreateLogicalview

Thanks

Shankar

harshendu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
lm view

Thanks a lot Shankar, now i have the LM view and the FRAM view for my reference library... Is this sufficient for building my design Library or do i still need to add anything else into my reference library??

harshendu

I am also new to astro. after I try shankarmit's method, I still don't get LM view.
could you provide some detail info about what you did?

thanks a lot

Hi nehar,

Let me know in detail what issue u have, u should .db in your reference design. and it will create LM view..

Thanks

Regards
Shankar

Hey neihar,
The following is from my command log file generated when i created the LM view to my reference library. Just change the paths and names of the corresponding files(they have been marked in bold for you), and execute the commands.

gePrepLibs
setFormField "Library Preparation" "Library Name" ""
formButton "Library Preparation" "browse..."
setFormField "Library Preparation" "Library Name" "ref_lib"
formButton "Library Preparation" "importLMDB"
formButton "Library Preparation" "selectDB"
setFormField "Library Preparation" "Min DB To Import" "/home/library/fsc0l_d_sc_bc.db"
setFormField "Library Preparation" "Max DB To Import" "/home/library/fsc0l_d_sc_wc.db"
setFormField "Library Preparation" "Typical DB To Import" "/home/library/fsc0l_d_sc_tc.db"
formOK "Library Preparation"

Hope it works for you..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back