Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Creating a Databse in Development Board Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

baduR

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my project I'm using Beagle Board Xm Rev B. There it has 2Gb NAND x 16 (256MB) and 2Gb MDDR SDRAM x32 (256MB @ 166MHz). What I need is to create a database inside the memory. How can I do this. Please help me on this..Thank You all.

Re: Final Year Project_Using Development board

depending on complexity you can write you own data structures in memory with functions to store, lookup and read information or use an in memory database, e.g.
**broken link removed**

Reactions: baduR

baduR

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi

A simple data base can based on a data structure(a union housed structure in c language) with ptr access to it's components.

The structure can be placed in ROM{FLASH} and need to copied to ram using an image structure, up on Reset.

you can also use a more sophisticated method like "linked-list" and sorting algorithm - but this is the basic and most simple type

I use this method in allmost all micro controller project I design.

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back