Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CPW power divider design

Status
Not open for further replies.

YZhang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
coplanar waveguide splitter

Hi all,

who know how to design cpw power divider or can provide some document about this. thanks in advance.

Yzhang

coplanar waveguide

Hi,
I'm also trying to design this kind of structure! Do you have any documents now? Please share them if possible!
My email: tung_manh2000@yahoo.com
Thanks a lot!

cpw splitter

Hi,

Everything you need to know about any CPW design is included in these books by experts in CPW technology.

Rainee N. Simons –
Coplanar Waveguide Circuits Components and Systems, John Wiley & Sons, 2001

Ingo Wolff –
Coplanar Microwave Integrated Circuits, John Wiley & Sons, 2006

No, I don't have electronic copy to share.

flyhigh

cpw wilkinson divider

The first step in any design is defining what you want out of a device.

If you want meaningful help you need to do some thinking and describing first.

wilkinson splitter design

Yes, you did not provide enough information. CPW is mostly used on high frequencies. May be Wilkinson combiner/divider can be of choice, but please provide more details for your question.

To RollingEEE,

CPW is CoPlanar Waveguide.

tung_manh2000

To DDavid,

This is really good book, but what if he needs splitter for satellite band from 5 to 2150 MHz?

Hi,

I design it in my last company except is was for CATV.
U can do it with a few stages.

David

Yes, you can do it with a several stages, but there is some caveats. The required isolation for low end and for high end arguable will be achieved with multistage Wilkinson. Secondly, did you check the group delay numbers? The 5-50MHz part is dedicated to the reverse link for cable modems. There S21GD is very important but this is the area when Wilkinson will have a big spike. One more point: did you count the DC path connection to one leg of the splitter and its effect? All these questions are not easy even for you, but how less experienced guys will solve them? I heard about one 10 stages Wilkinson for the band of 50 - 6000 MHz. The size was about 10 inches and it was designed for lab tests, not for real high speed networks.

Our product was design for CATV.
This is patent issue I can't discuss about the details.
In this project we have DC path and other stuff that u remind

In other project I did splitter wilkinson (n stages)
like I remember:
2 stage give me from 300MHz-2000MHz
3 stage give me from 100 - 2500 MHz

David

It is interesting. If you designed Wilkinson for CATV and it match the CATV specs it is very good. My congratulations! I remember that I designed Wilkinson about 3 years ago for CATV but for 5 - 5000MHz range. Even one stage on FR4 was able to work so-so for insertion loss and was better than any off-the-shelf splitter. But isolation problems still exists and S21GD issue at low end too. Later I switch to transformer based splitter, but still keep in mind Wilkinson and going to make it again when time allows. Usually CATV itself is not a big problem, the cable high speed (1GBs) network has stronger spec.

Hi

We design system to extend CATV BW up to 3G.
It's correct that this coupler (not wilkinson) was made in Roger 4030 and not FR4.

David

I think that FR4 will provide almost the same result as Rogers. The only problem that FR4 have is unstable Er. In this case Nelco 4000-13 is good material with very stable parameters and practically the same price as FR4. If it is not secret why you extend CATV to 3 GHz? As far as I know TV stops at 2150MHz and high speed network starts at 3300 MHz. Area between 2150 and 3300 MHz is empty or I am not right?

Yes and no,

What about wifi, bluetooth, wimax they located between 2-3G, but all this I meantion
is wireless (not by cable like CATV).

and about the pcb I am not recognized vs Nelco 4000-13 (Can u upload some details),
but currently i am using EM280: tje same price as FR4 but stable ε (4,3-4,5) and tanδ is lower.

David

I do not know about EM280, could you please upload the datasheet or other information? I included Nelco datasheet here. I used this material for about a year for frequencies up to 6 GHz. It works well and so far there are no problems at all.

Regarding CATV spectrum between 2.15 and 3.3 GHz my concern is serious. I design high speed networking systems which are sitting above 3.3 GHz. Today we have no concern what is below 3.3 Ghz but it may be compatibility problem in near future if another company wants to use this spectrum. So, if you can tell me about the usage of 2.15-3.3 Ghz band it will be nice to know and consider in our designs future compatibility. If you are doing design for 2.15-3.3 Ghz it is beneficial for you.

Hi,

I work currently vs EM280 also up to 6GHz I am very pleased.

About I am currently stopped work there but u can watch website:
www.vyyo.com

David

Thanks a lot for this information. Unfortunately I have no ability to download due to exceeding download limits long time ago. May be they will fix this mistake, but today I cannot see your file. I will try to find this material by its name.

Hi RFOM

Just give me your email and I will send it!

David

PS Nice Pic!!!:D

Thanks a lot for your help! I will send my address to you via pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back