Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Coupler + Splitter in one device

Status
Not open for further replies.

inception_

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi :)

Does anyone know a single device that fulfills the following functionality? Unidirectional signal from top to bottom: At first two signals need to be coupled together. The result is then splitted into two branches.

Unbenannt.PNG

It's Combiner-Splitter Combination, not Coupler..
If you attempt to combine 2 signals then divide these signals into 2 branches, you have to design a Wilkinson Combiner/Divider in a Cascade Configuration.Combiners are different.

I think that you want from this structure to have directivity, so a coupler is mandatory to be used.
I never seen these two components (coupler and splitter) in the same package. Should be possible to exist this device, but I never saw it.

Thank you for your anwers.

Meanwhile: the first component is required to be a coupler. Signal drop of -20 dB is accepted. So I design my RF chain to have a -20 dB coupler and afterwards a power splitter.

Both components (coupler and splitter) can be designed on a PCB layout.
Depending by the design, and by the PCB properties, can be reached high frequency range.
Most of the commercial RF/EM simulators have models for couplers and splitters, which makes the project easier to be done.

Thank you vfone. I know that it is possible to design it myself (and I am capable of doing it), but I was questioning whether there are already such components on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back