Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cost of upgrade from Eagle Pro 6.5.0 to 7.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello ,
Do you know how much it will cost to upgrade from Eagle Pro 6.5.0 to the current 7.3.0.

I contacted Eagle and some of their distributors, but they sent me an email , not telling me the price, but that they would phone me to discuss it next week. This sounds ominous, why didn't they just state the price?

I started filling in the upgrade thing on cadsoft.de, but I wasn't clear thatthis was upgrading me to 7.3.0 (latest). or to the one above version 6.5.0
Whatever it was, it was going to cost me 390 euros.

Do you know if it was 7.3.0?

Last edited by a moderator:

From their point of view, it's in their interest to make sure you really are a customer, living in the locale you say you are, and not in a different part of the world where it's common for software pirates to sell programs on a black market.

Most likely they'll say they want to make certain your system will run their latest version, etc.

The phone rep will love to hear you say 'give me your latest version' for 390 euros. However it may work better for you if you say 'I want to wait a while', because then they may 'suddenly remember' they have a promotion going until the end of the month, and offer to take a few euros off the price.

Reactions: canewb and treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

canewb

thanks, when you upgrade, is it to the latest version, or just the one above what you have already? The website doesn't say, even at the point that its about to take your money.

Reactions: canewb

canewb

thanks, when you upgrade, is it to the latest version, or just the one above what you have already? The website doesn't say, even at the point that its about to take your money.

I can't say much about the software or the company, but it is natural for us customers to want to see all the sales options laid out, and the price. We are leery of being pressured by sales people (in person or on the phone).

However the rep will claim it's so they can offer 'personalized' sales service. Almost certainly they will try to sell you the latest version. It 'has all bugs ironed out', etc.

But since it's personalized, then they should expect you to want to negotiate a little bit. Ask about new features, whether it solves some problem you had in the past, etc. Ask them to give you unlimited upgrades for the next 12 months, etc.

thanks, all I am wondering about is , when you go to the cadsoft.de website, and try to upgrade (for EUR360), then it doesn't tell you which version you will be upgraded to....will it be the latest version, or the version one up from what you now have?
The upgrade cost is much less than the cost of buying as a first time customer, but what version do you end up upgrading to?

When you do upgrade, if they offer the upgrade to the ltest version, ensure that the same upgrade allows you to run all prior versions as well (on the same machine etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back