Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

core saturation problem in DC/DC converter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithun_K_Das

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was trying to make a DC/DC converter with the circuit from : 12v-220v-invertor-sinus-ferit-trafo-nuve.gif

I tried with some modification in transformer, ie: I tried with windings: Primary:secondary: 4T+4T/50T+50T, 5T+5T/50T+50T with some different wire gazes. But in first case, no load current is ok[300mA], but load current is doubled!!!! ie, with 40W load current is 8-12A (in 12V) where it should take around 3.3A. This excess current produces a huge heat and also damages MOSFETs(75n75*4*2)

Fortunately, in second case this is solved. it takes 3.4A at 40W load in the 12V terminal. Seems like no excess loss. After then I made another copy of my PCB (Same as before, almost no change). But unfortunately the second transformer [5T+5T/50T+50T] is taking 8A no load current!!!!! I don't know why? Found no fault, then what may the reason?

Actually what is the problem then? Is this core saturation??

I found another problem. When transformer is not connected the oscillator output wave-shape is ok [square wave] but whenever the transformer is being connected in the circuit, the wave shape disorders a lot. just like a noise. But this problem is a new creation for this circuit because I used this circuit many times before, no such problem found then. So what is the source of problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.