Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CORE power ring width determination

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikramc98406

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone brief me about
How to calculate CORE power ring width.

I am actually concerned about, how to determine, vertical strap width and repitition(pitch).

hi, hiral.kotak

Thanks for the pointer.

can you give me more understanding on how refresh vertical strap width and spacing is determined.

i guess it does not only depends on horizontal row straps but on electro magnetic field current passing through the VDD/VSS pairs.

hope i am clear

Hi,
Can any one provide me information, on what factors do the power rings' power straps', and power rails' widths depends on? Is it plainly on IR Drop..? What would be the appropriate widths of these..?

HI everyone, Here comes all answers for ur doubts,

Power is an important factor for any Design....

there is a certain sequence of steps to calculate WIDTH OF STRIPES AND THEIR SPACING in order to have equal power distribution and to reduce IR-DROP...

1) calculating rough power estimation :-

RoughPwr = (pwr of NAND2) * [(area of block) / (area of NAND2)] * area Utilization

2) Estimating Power stripe Width :-

WIDTH of Vertical Stripe shd be multiples of Vertical routing pitch but less than max value of spacing rule. this value is appox 4 times width of min NAND2 gate value.

WIDTH of horizontal stripe shd be multiples of standard cell height ( preferably one or two times)

if u have any query on this statement plz feel free to comment.......Thanku :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back