Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

copper thickness in PADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivek20055

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
copper thickness.pngHi,

I need to increase copper thickness in all the layers in PADS. So, in layer setup---->thickness dialog box. I have component,substrate(prepeg),coating for all the layers. which parameters I need to change to increase the thickness of copper. I am attaching a image with this mail.

Regards,
Vivek Alaparthi

Last edited:

hi vivek,

you have to speak to manufacturer because they only have standard pre-preg and core thickness,depending on core and pre-preg and depending of power consume
of the trace it will vary.ususally copper thickness 1 oz (1.4 mil )

I don't understand your question. You simply enter the thickness you want for the layers you want. It's all right there in front of you. Obviously, you don't want to change the thickness of your prepreg, so what's left???

Hi barren,

Thanks for your reply

I have one more question, what is prepeg and substrate??

Is it some thing like seperation between layers

where do I need to use use prepeg and where substrate??

Regards,
Vivek Alaparthi

Prepreg and substrate are the non-copper layers of pcb construction. I'm not really sure of the distinction between "prepreg" and "substrate". Prepreg is a specific type of material (for instance, fiberglass and epoxy). Any non-conducting material could be considered a 'substrate', I think, but not every substrate is prepreg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back