Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting P-CAD Schematics to Cadence Concept/Allegro

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadrjr

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
alegro schematics

Does anyone know of a way to convert P-CAD schematics to Cadence Allegro Schematics ?

(I want to convert them keeping all the component and net data so I can edit the design in Cadence.)

p-cad 2002 trial version

There is no way to convert a PCAD schematic to Concept HDL. The two formats are very different, and there is no tool available that can translate for you.

Concept HDL doesn't lend itself to any conversion. It's not just PCAD that won't convert - no other EDA format will convert. There is a utility provided with Concept that is supposed to convert from Orcad Capture to Concept, but it doesn't work too well. If you have an orcad file, you can try CAP2CON.EXE found in your Cadence installation folder "C:\Cadence\SPB_xxx\tools\fet\bin" - good luck getting it to work.

concept alegro

Check these people.
http://www.elgris.com/

I used E-studio to translate CONCEPT to OrCAD it worked VERY well. Trial version can only translate limited number of pages.

Regards,

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back