Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Converting ORCAD schematics to PCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

coppermouse

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert ORCAD schematics to PCAD and how?
It would save me tons of time not having to redraw them.

Thanks

coppermouse said:
Can someone tell me if it is possible to convert ORCAD schematics to PCAD and how?
It would save me tons of time not having to redraw them.

Thanks

You don't need to convert your OrCAD schematic to PCAD schematic as you can use your OrCAD netlist in the form of pcadnlt.dll and load it in your PCAD PCB as long as you sync your PCB library property in OrCAD schematic and the PCB type in your PCAD PCB.

I understand that I can do that, but I no longer use Orcad and would like to bring in the old schematics so I can modify them in PCAD and make changes to the boards in PCAD. Is it possible to bring in the Orcad Schematics?

I don't think so. Unless you use a third party software that can convert your schematics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back