Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Convert This software into HEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrojosh86

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I came across this project and would like to try to give it a go. I know how to just drop a HEX into a PIC but cannot use the code that the project comes with as I think I don't have the equipment and real know how. I was wondering if the code can be converted to HEX. If not no lose. Thank. Link below.

http://www.pyroelectro.com/projects/ir_radar/software.html

this code is written in C language for MPLAB C18 compiler
the code can be used as source file for project in MPLAB with C18 tool and then compiled to creat hex file.
to do this you can download MPLAB and C18 tool suit from microchip website
I tested it and created .hex successfully

Okay. I guess I can try that but other than just downloading those I have no idea where to start. I can learn though

I don't know how much you have worked with microcontrollers specially PIC
but there are plenty of books, application notes website etc to learn microcontroller programming

Not much. I essentially know how to take a HEX and program a pic. Writing code is not something I think I could wrap my head around. If you converted that into HEX could I possibly have it?

Yes , i attached the created hex file for you

Attachments

• edaboard.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 76

Thank you. I think that I am still going to try to learn how to program source codes myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.