Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] convert symbolic to handle function and use from fsolve command...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasem_008

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.
I have a problem.
my matlab code is very compicated.I want to obtain zeros of a nonlinear equation that involved bessel functions.
I have to slove a coefficient determinant of 4*4.
in all of elements of this determinanT,i have a variable kz that should be specified.

first: i defined a "syms kz" and then wrote my matrix(A).for example:
sysms kz
A11=besselj(0,sqrt(kz^2-5));

second : I want to solve this 4*4 determinant with "fsolve command" in close of my guess.therefore convert symbolic function to handle function with "matlabFunction" command & wrote my new matrix (B).for example:
B11=matlabFunction(A11);

third : with "SAROS" command i found determinant of B matrix and named it :"det_total" .
note that my guess is given.
forth: i wrote "fsolve(det_total,my_guess)"

but i received below error message:

"If FUN is a MATLAB object, it must have an feval method."
Error in ==> mat_function2 at 68
kz(q)=fzero(det_total,my_guess);

how should solve this determinant with handle function.I konw fsolve can't work with symbolic functions.therefore i convert symbolic functions to handle functions with "matlabFunction" command.but yet i receive above error.
please help me.how should i treat?:cry:

my problem soved.IT WAS VERY SIMPLE:-o

- - - Updated - - -

my problem soved.IT WAS VERY SIMPLE:-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back