Status
Not open for further replies.

boylesg

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can you do this with simple electronics?

I have two bluetooth modems (slave and master HC-06) that talk to each other via bluetooth protocol and they seem to work.

I got a cable to connect one to the usb port of my PC and downloaded a driver for it which works in Windows XP creating a new com port in device manager. The arduino environment recognizes that new com port.

I have the other HC-06 connected to my arduino uno with a micro usb connector in the arduino socket and the wires exposed at the other end.

I have been connecting the data in and data out (green and white) wires of the cable to the data in and data out terminals of the HC-06 on my arduino. I am able to swap them around at will.

However the arduino environment does not seem to be able to upload the sketches to the ardino....something about not being in synch.

Have I gone about this the right way or do you need a more complex converter circuit between the arduino usb socket and the pins on the HC-06?

I do not know how to make USB to RS-232 converter. I bought one from Sabrent, M501-1032-Sabrent 1Ft USB 2.0 to serial DB9 Adapter for $10. I think you cannot make it better or cheaper.
Tiger Direct sells them, too.

Try FT232BL or FT232RL, I prefer FT232RL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…