Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert 8bit serial data from serial port to 8bit parallel

Status
Not open for further replies.

amenoera

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all.

iam new here . and i hope to find a solution for my problem .

iam in this project from 1 year and i cant make it . the problem is iam trying

to convert 8bit serial data from serial port to 8bit parallel data (parallel form)

iam trying (74ls164) shift register and pic16f84 and more and faild every time

plzz i want a simple circuit to do this operation (must be tryed or tested)

and thanks thanks for who will help me .

(sorry my language is not good)

Re: hiiiiiiiiiiii can any one help me plzzzzzzz

I suppose you have failed because the serial port transmits data asynchronously, that is, you do not have a clock reference. Besides, the data includes extra bits, which are not part of the data stream.

What you need is implement a software serial port on your PIC16F84. You do not need the shift register. The PIC can do that.

For more info, check out AN555 from Microchip. www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1824&appnote=en011045

hiiiiiiiiiiii can any one help me plzzzzzzz

You just have to program your microcontroller to get data from its USART, then remove the bits added to the serial data and transfer those 8 bits of data to the data ports.

thank you very much "vvv" really thank you .

you are right about serial "transmits data asynchronously" . but iam tryed

(pic16f84) and failed . i want circuit already tested because iam tired making alot

of circuits here (i have making more than 10 circuits and every time i failed) .

Added after 5 minutes:

thank you "hermin" too . but i did what you said and i have the same bug .

hello "inp" and thanks for your solution . but i said i tryed all this . so that i wish

to find some one did this and tryed it .(tested) .

and thank you again man .

hiiiiiiiiiiii can any one help me plzzzzzzz

if those doesnt work, maybe theres something wrong with your setup, because if a lot of poeple posts working projects at least one of them would work with you....try to see if you have forgotten something or your microcontroller is already defective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back