Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert 125mhz to 10mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvalkesi

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!
I'm looking a way to convert 125MHz oscillator to a 10MHz frequency. I'd prefer an SMT chip which does the job, clean and simple.
I've searched google, but had no luck. Found alot of downconverter RF mixers for hi freq, but not for lower ones.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

You intention is far from being clear. Do you want a factor 12.5 frequency division? You can implement it as a /25 division and a frequency doubler. Or as a PLL. Or as a digital circuit utilizing both input clock edges.

Hi,
I'm trying to maintain the PPM between the two clocks. I need to design a board which its main clock freq is 125MHz and it outputs it to an external scope trigger input, for measuring. My requirement is both of them need to be the same ppm, for accuracy reason.
First of all, is it feasible?
Secondly, why does the fact that both clocks has the same ppm has anything to do with them being synchronized?
This part I don't get. If they are different freq., how can they be sync? why identical ppm solves this problem?

FvM,
can you explain the methods you've described, and which of them fits best to my needs?
Thank you!

which of them fits best to my needs
Depends on available circuit technology, jitter specification, required interface standards respectively waveforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back