Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling speed ac motor with 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhe

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz help me about controlling speed ac motor with 8051

hello friend in order to control the speed of an ac motor you canachive that either by controlling voltage supplied to it or by controlling the frequency given to it

apply any of the above technique you will get it

Reactions: amudi

amudi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello
which kind of AC motor is it ?
if it is an induction motor , you can not control its speed by controlling the voltage as its output torque will decrease dramastically. However , you can control its speed by changing the frequency
you should read something about space vector pulse width modulation (SVPWM)
Regards
Ahmed Salah

ahmedsalah00 said:
if it is an induction motor , you can not control its speed by controlling the voltage as its output torque will decrease dramastically. However , you can control its speed by changing the frequency...

To be more precise, voltage to frequency ratio should be kept constant for precise control. But do not forget, that all theory is not about voltage across motor terminals and for example determining of internal "resistors" in real time is almost nightmare thanks to their relation to temperature.
Sorry, I have forgotten a lot of theory during years, but I would personally never dream about induction motor controlled by 8051 itself, because some DSP coprocessing is "a must" for correct flux calculation. If you really want ac motor control, try to focus yourself on synchronous motors with permanent magnet. If you will design three phase generator circuitry and control, the rest is done almost in no time.

Jan

Hi,

I have a similar project done with SVPWM. I had used a 80196 to control the speed of the 3-phase motor, by this technique. I can be of help, if the requirement is given in detail

hi
speed of induction motor is function of suppy frequency and voltage.
so we can controll speed by controlling either speed or freq,but in order to keep output torqe constant over the operating range we have to keep v/f ratio constant.
if we dont maintain this ratio constant motor current will rapidly inqrese and it might be damage our motor and inverter

I think V/F ratio must be kept constant for frequencies over the nominal frequency.
But for lower speeds (lower frequencies) , V can be kept constant while changing the speed by changing the frequency.

Ahmed Salah

I think it is difficult to use 8051 for PWM, because you have to use code so much, you'd better use PIC or dspic with pins PWM :)

Use TRIAC and Optotriac driver also an zerocrossing detector interface it with microcontroller ..fire the triac at diffrent angle.

use other than the 51 for better operation because there will be problem of reset of mc during operation. For that keep distance between mc and triac .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back