Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

controlling multiple interrupts using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh401

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know how to control multiple interupts. i.e. i have 6 obstacle detectors by which if one of the detector detects any signal, the corresponding task should be done, but the 8051 has only 2 external interupts, how can i handle 6 external interupts ?

connect all the detectors to one interrupt using gates, and each detector to single pin.

If any of the detector detects then the interrupt will be sensed. In the interrupt routine check for each sensor and respond to the detected.

Hope this helps

but the microcontroller will dont know that...from which detector the signal has cam....the controller must sense that which detector has sensed.
i will give u clear explanation. i am builting a six leged robot(hexapod) in which every leg will have a obstacle detector. so the microcontroller must know from which leg the signal has cam.....can you tell how to connect the obstacle detectors for the interupts of 8051

IMGG.jpg

While an interrupt occurs, in interrupt routine check for each pin and respond.

There may be more than one detector at a time, So check all the detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.