Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

control DC motor using 0 to 10v control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wukkie

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I need help. I have a very basic understanding of electronics. I am looking to control a DC motor (Pump, for water flow). The pump runs at anything up to 24V

I have device that can send out a relay signal and 0 to 10v signal. So my idea is to use the relay signal to turn the pump on and off, and use the 0 to 10v signal to control the voltage to the pump.

So for example:
Relay off/ 0V Pump off
Relay On/ 1v (pump on running at 2.4v)
Relay on/ 2v (pump on running at 4.8v)
and so on
Relay On/10v (pump on running at 24v)

could anyone please help or at least point me in the right direction.
Thanks

Another source of cheap DC motor controllers is HobbyKing (HobbyKing Online R/C Hobby Store :). Its controllers are not designed for 0 --> 10V control, but rather for a hobby servo signal. That can easily be created with one of the100's of NE555-based circuits for servos. In fact, you can buy them reasonably. If you decide to go that route and build your own servo controller, I will post the best example I have.

John

A motor for water flow... power? current? @24V in the least.

Not sure if I understand your comment.

The pump is a resun pump, it is used to create flow in a fish tank.

Is the signal (10 V) derived from the 24 or what. Just use a 10V relay and the relay contacts to start the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back