Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

continuous transverse stub antenna array

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayv

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to write a fdtd code for t stub of a continuous transverse stub antenna array ??

is it possible to write a fdtd code for t stub of a continuous transverse stub antenna array ??

I don't see why not. FDTD can model pretty much anything. The question is how effective it is.
You would need to consider
1) the ratio of the smallest geometrical details and the total size of the model
2) special properties of the material involved
3)ratio of wavelength and smallest geometric details

If you could describe in more detail what you want to model and what you want to measure somebody here should be able to tell you whether FDTD is suitable and/or what other methods may be relevant

thanks a lot 4 ur information .

Aim is to numerical analysis of coaxial continuous transverse stub antanna array for w-band applications using fdtd code and derive t field equations & simulation .

regards

jayv

thanks a lot 4 ur information .

Aim is to numerical analysis of coaxial continuous transverse stub antanna array for w-band applications using fdtd code and derive t field equations & simulation .

When I asked for more details I meant details which can be used to figure out points 1-3 earlier. I know fdtd but I have not used it much for antennas. People here have very different backgrounds.
I don't know what you mean by w-band = wide-band? or t field equations = equations in the time domain? FDTD is in the time domain so what quantities do you want to model in the time domain besides E and H fields?

in t cts antenna array , is any one can help on how to find the generation of grid cells for the cylindrical waveguide ....... ? .. i had referred t yee lattice algorithm 4 cartesian coordinate system, but no idea for this stub ..........

how to derive t field equations & simulate it using fdtd method ??????

regards

jayv

in t cts antenna array , is any one can help on how to find the generation of grid cells for the cylindrical waveguide ....... ? .. i had referred t yee lattice algorithm 4 cartesian coordinate system, but no idea for this stub ..........
how to derive t field equations & simulate it using fdtd method ??????

You might want to put a bit more effort into your postings. If I understand you correctly you are interested in using various coordinate systems for FDTD. That is possible. Most textbooks contain some information on this point. But to get help here you must be a bit more generous with the amount of time you put into your posting.

Thank you so much sir for your reply,actually we are trying to derive field equation for CTS antenna array using fdtd method.we dont know how to start derive equations for single cylindrical stub and multiply it to whole antenna and also help us in matlab programing. could you provide us your mail id it will be helpful for our team to complete the project.

Being an unpaid private consultant is not really what I want to spend my time on, but I don't mind answering questions on the forum.

Before going any further you would have to
1) state what you actually know about FDTD (what books/papers did you read)
2) describe the model (the physical details: materials, geometry)

Being an unpaid private consultant is not really what I want to spend my time on, but I don't mind answering questions on the forum.

Before going any further you would have to
1) state what you actually know about FDTD (what books/papers did you read)
2) describe the model (the physical details: materials, geometry)

i referring computational electromagnetics by TAFLOVE ..

the model to be analysed is a cylindrical stub of radius= 8.4mm , thickness=0.8mm , material = brass

i referring computational electromagnetics by TAFLOVE ..

the model to be analysed is a cylindrical stub of radius= 8.4mm , thickness=0.8mm , material = brass

We seem to be making some progress. I would at first use a regular grid and try out the subcell methods in chapter 10 of Taflove (3rd edition) for the cells containing the curved material interface. (A somewhat improved method is covered in Gedney lecture notes.)

These subcell methods can be added quite easily to a standard FDTD program.
(Just to be on a safe side. You do have implemented standard FDTD I hope.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back