Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Continuous Time & discrete Time signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorrpeio

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
continuous time signal

Hello,

I am bit confused with the concept of the CT & DT signal......

A/c definition CT signal is continuous with the time while DT signal is the sampled CT signal....

However square wave is still considered as the DT signal.....
If we look at the graph of square wave it looks to be smoothly progressing with the time.....I mean it is not sampled as such....

so why not it considered as the CT signal......????:|

This question may seem to be ridiculous....but please answer it, I am confused with it...

continuous time and discrete time signals

my friend the discrete time signal is x[nT] which is the descrete version of x(t) where t=nT. here n is an integer and T is the sampling duration. so that if your signal is function of t then it is not descrete.

contious time and discreate time signal

scorpeio wrote:

actually U are refferring to pulse digital signal which contains zero and one(ON or OFF state)
(instead of real values --- CT signal )

Whereas CT square signal contains real values with respect to time.
here time as well amplitude is continous (i.e., infinite finite values say if amplitude varies from -5v to 5v then within that amplitude one can split up the amitude into infinite range values i.e, -5v, -4.999999999v, -4.999999998v and so on)
thats the difference.

Hope it helps U a little bit.

Happy learning.

ct and dt signal

Thanks rramya

continuous time and discrete time signal

rramya said:
scorpeio wrote:

actually U are refferring to pulse digital signal which contains zero and one(ON or OFF state)
(instead of real values --- CT signal )

Whereas CT square signal contains real values with respect to time.
here time as well amplitude is continous (i.e., infinite finite values say if amplitude varies from -5v to 5v then within that amplitude one can split up the amitude into infinite range values i.e, -5v, -4.999999999v, -4.999999998v and so on)
thats the difference.

Hope it helps U a little bit.

Happy learning.

Thanks a lot for the help!!!
By the way....if it is like infinite finite values then can we call ramp signal as CT signal....

Please give me the link to understand this if you are really busy & cant look into these small questions......

Status
Not open for further replies.