Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Contact maps are ambiguous"-error for angled Master-Slave boundaries in HFSS 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuphi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"Contact maps are ambiguous"-error for angled Master-Slave boundaries in HFSS 14?

Hello everyone. My first post and naturally its a question. Hopefully I will be able to help some others myself, but for now I need your collective expertise.

In HFSS 14, I am simulating a single element of a circular array. The sides of my domain are angled master and slave boundaries that meet where the middle of my array is supposed to be. Structures are defined on the boundaries but they are in the same location on both boundaries.

Validation check is OK. After simulation start I first get a warning objects+master have multiple contacts and then an error that the contact maps are ambiguous. See the following figure.
error.png

Code:
[warning] In Master_To_Slave map, body cutting_object+master has multiple contacts. Its Primary contact is body cutting_object+slave. Its secondary contact is body {slave} (10:54:26 AM  Oct 19, 2015)
[error] Matching boundary process might encounter unexpected conditions because the contact mapsare ambiguous. (10:54:26 AM  Oct 19, 2015)
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine. (10:54:26 AM  Oct 19, 2015)

I am unsure of what is going on and hope to anyone here is familiar with this problem. This seems to be a fairly unique issue, in that I haven't been able to find any resources mentioning it.

Re: "Contact maps are ambiguous"-error for angled Master-Slave boundaries in HFSS 14?

I have been able to find a work around, but I still don't know what the actual problem is. As it said in the error multiple objects touch both the master and slave boundaries. I changed the position of the master and slave assignments in my script so that only the antenna was touching both boundaries at the moment of assignment. All dielectrics were created afterwards. For some reason this solved the problem and my model can be analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back