Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant current control

Status
Not open for further replies.

eiphan

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am making a meter that can measure low resistance (0.01 Ohm ~ 1 Ohm). For that, I want to make a dc dc converter that can control constant current 10A. Anyone has sample circuit? Also please tell me which chip should I use? Any analog IC or MCU will do. I have attached my initial thought. Is it correct?
Thank you so much.

constantcurrent1.png

@ Alexan_e
thank you so much. but I have to design it without multimeter.

I'm not sure what you mean , eventually you will have to measure the voltage drop , are you not?

yes. I will measure voltage drop across test resistance. But the requirement is to inject constant current of 1A or 10A. Since resistance is very small, higher current can ensure accuracy, I guess. I will measure both current and voltage and then send to ADC of Microcontroller for Ohm reading LCD display. I am not sure how to make or choose circuit that can control constant current. Any idea? Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back