Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Constant Current Charging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
constant current charging

I need a circuit of 10amp consatnt current charger for 12v lead-acid battery. If someone has a diagram or knows a site, please tell me. I'll be very thankful.

current limiting with 3842

Salam,

You can use LM317 as constant current charger

Read the datasheet
**broken link removed**

And also look to page 20.

Aslo look for the LM317 application note about using LM317 as fixed voltage or current charger.

Bye

constant current charger circuit

10A is quite a high current.The heatsink must be enormous.
The more simple and reliable way is to use an appropriate light bulb as a series load on the primary side of the transformer.To dissipate power is not a problem for the light bulb.

constant current charging circuit

Hi
You should use pwm for exception of thermal losses

lm117 constant current battery +problem

:) use sg3524 for pwm

constant current charging pdf

hi
see **broken link removed**

constant current charger

8) If you want to charge battery from mains, it will be a good idea to use a SMPS based charger with secondory side current limit. u can use UC 3842 based design

uc3842 battry charger diagram

The shop bought answer to this is to use a well chosen transformer and rectifier. You could go down the electronic route but I would not recomend it. At this sort of current the Battery is important as well.
I built a charger a few years ago that monitered the voltage on the battery terminals and aswitched to a trickle once the correct voltage has been reached. You realy do not want more than 14.8 volts across the battery terminals.

charger+uc3842

aamir,

What is your power source? Is it AC or DC 120V 240V? This will be helpful to know when designing a constant current charger.

Ante :roll:

10a constant current schematics

aamir said:
I need a circuit of 10amp consatnt current charger for 12v lead-acid battery. If someone has a diagram or knows a site, please tell me. I'll be very thankful.

hi

just look at that post and you will find some use full design for lead acid battery charger with constant current

charger lead acid using uc3842

Thanks to all friends for replying. I have already made a 10amp constant current charger which is so efficient that even if you short the output, 10amp will flow through the transistors and its adjustable. You can adjust output current from 100mA-10A.The main problem is that I am using a 13v 20 amp center tap tranformer for such high current charging which means big size of charger and I want compact size. So if anybody has a cicuit in switch mode having input of 220VA.C and output of 15-20VD.C 15-20amp or whole circuit with constant current charging (at least 10amp), please send it to me. I'll be very thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back