Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting to Bond Pads in 0.35um

Status
Not open for further replies.

ja2bo2t

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
We are working in a 0.35um TSMC technology and I have been using the Tanner Hi-ESD Pad library as a guide for designing our pads (digital I and O, analog references, analog out, and power). In this library, and the others that I can find online, the pad is normally only connected to using M1, and it is normally only about a ~20um trace opening to ~40um through 45 degree angles at the pad. On chip we are using a 80um width power bus on M2 and M3; is there any reason why the pad cannot be connected to on M2 and M3? Is it for the ESD protection circuitry?

... is there any reason why the pad cannot be connected to on M2 and M3? Is it for the ESD protection circuitry?

No, I don't think so. Anyway, you always have to go to top metal latest at the pad itself. For power bus connection, M1 routing to the pad doesn't matter because of the larger capacity to GND (which is even welcome), but for signal routing better the higher metal levels should be used to keep parasitic capacitance low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back