Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting to a TCP port using 98S8252 and a GSM module HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NunoAs

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
98s8252

Hi, I need to connecto to a TCP port on a remote server using the 89S8252 microcontroller and a SAGEM mod170 GSM module, since the module doesn't have a tcp/ip stack i'm stuck on implementing one by software.

Do all uIP implementations already supportt PPP ?

Can someone tell me where to find C51 code examples on connecting to a port and sending a small string (5-8 characters).

After i send the AT commands to the modem and connecting to the network what do i need to do then ?

Help would be really apretiated.

Thanks in advance

Nuno

Re: Connecting to a TCP port using 98S8252 and a GSM module

You would probably find it educational to dial and isp with a serial modem and monitor the connection.

I vagly recall the sequence needs to be somthing like

ATZ
ATDT5551234567
(wait for either a modem error code such as NO DIALTONE or until you see
the string "user"
Send username
(wait for "pass"
send password
the remote end will send what looks likes random characters in a terminal but is
actually ppp frames.
Then you start talking ppp.

A ready made ppp implmentation will probably include code to do the authentication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back