Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

connecting PIC to ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero2004

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every one

i fount in markit a usb-ethernet converter, so , can i use it to connect with any pic
types that contain a usb port, and can i run this pic as master usb controller to send data from analog sensors to pc over tcp/ip protocol.

thanks for helping me

I think you will need to use more than one microcontroller, have a look on PIC18F4550, it contains USB module, ethernet module you will make it using PIC18F452 and ENC28J60, then the two PIC's will communicate with each other using SPI or I2C for example.
configuration will be:
PC <->PIC18F4550<->PIC18F452<->ENC28J60<->ethernet network.
or you can use any stand alone USB controller like FTDI USB to serial or USB to parallel instead of using PIC18F4550.
good luck

dear elrayes

first of all thanks for your advice, i want know if it possible to make pic such as 18f4550 as a master usb controller when i connect it to (usb-ethernet) converter

thanks again

do you want to make the PIC18F4550 act as host, sorry it can't, you can use PIC24 or PIC32 microcontroller cause those devices can act as USB host, the host firmware you can find in "Microchip USB framework", its free download from microchip.
or you can buy embedded host "vinculum" from FTDI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back