Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting N-port networks using S parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefly0

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cascade connection two port s parameter

Hello,
I need to find all the methods to compute the S parameter of the cascade connection (or other types of connections) of N-port networks described by their S parameters. I exclude the use of chain (T or ABCD) parameters since they work only when the number of input ports is equal to the number of output ports.

I already found the papers reported below, can someone suggest me some other method or paper which deals with this argument?
Thanks in advance

C. Bachiller, V.E.B. Esbert, H.E.Gonzalez, A.B. Martinez, J.V. Morro, "Efficient Technique for the Cascade Connection of Multiple Two-Port Scattering Matrices," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Volume 55, Sep 2007, Issue 9

G.R. Simpson, "A Generalized N-Port Cascade Connection," MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Volume 81, Jan 1981, Issue 1

G.F. Ross, "A Simple Method for Obtaining the System Function of a Cascade Connection of Transmission Lines (Correspondence)," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Volume 18, Oct 1970, Issue 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back