Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connecting GSM modem to MC 89C51 for a SMS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

henary

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sir,
here is many useful article about GSM SMS till i am facing some problem:-

1.MC will continous check for new SMS then it will check for SMS from perticular no. then it will check for Content os SMS then it will send parameter in format like
temp=20 C
press=120 bar
Rpm=100

2.I am developing system such as when user send command like"Parameter"to GSM modem via SMS then GSM modem will respons immediatly by taking parameter from MC 89c51.

Now I am use wavecom modem with MC89c51 & modem interconnect succesfuly
Plz ,give me Useful AT command for above problem with syntax and sequece of At command
I am writing code in 8051assmebly lang. so help me!!!!!!!
Thank you advance

Real time SMS system

can u exolain what problem you are facing ?

Real time SMS system

Sir,
Now I am interfacing succesfully modem with my Pc

Plz ,give me algorithm &Useful AT command for above problem with syntax and sequece of At command
I am writing code in 8051assmebly lang. so help me!!!!!!!

Re: Real time SMS system

I advice you to program it in C, you may use KEIL.Don't use Assembly for this.Secondly you have all AT commands given in your WaveCom Modem.Although AT commands are generally common to most of the modem, but still it's better to check it's AT command manual.

Added after 6 minutes:

My friend made a similar kind of project, it took him 3 months to make it, that was related to Vehicle Security system and it was working on SMS system.It also had a GPS facility.Although being a friend, he let me have his code.It was a massive code.If he would have written it in C, he would have save so much time.
You better experiement AT commands on Hyper Terminal as a first start.Make your program over there.
Once you get confident in your AT commands.You then use controller to transmit those AT commands and process them.

Real time SMS system

3 months...........
not more than 7 days needed for it :)

7 days for assembly language?
May be it took him 3 months, because he didn't know the ABC for making that system.

Real time SMS system

THank you for replay....

Sir,
now I am sending AT command successfully

but I can't able to read command from Modem....

As I am able to send command to hyperteminal & also I am able to read charecter from KEYBOARD When I press KEY in HYperterminal. that mean my both subrouting of SENDING & RECEIVING SMS are WORKING GOOD.

But now problem in reading SMS from Modem using 8051..
PLz, help me...

Real time SMS system

you have to work on a state machine for this; analyze the strings your mored sending, chek start and end seqence of string and how you can diffreciate one strinng to other ...... work on automata.

Real time SMS system

NO problem is that microcontroller sending command successfully..but problem is in reading SMS From GSM Modem..because sometimes when i connect to Hyoerterminal after sending command
the nodem buffer responce and show on hyperterminal......
I think problem is synchronisation
help me for above problem

hi i'm doin the similar proj
on home automation using sms
i have got the sim 300 module
now how to send commands

kindly reply

how to check the commands using hyper terminal

Added after 5 minutes:

actually the concept is the user has to send an sms
to the no. from which he gets a reply stating the status of the devices,
accordingly he may give a response to switch on/off the device by sending the sms.
kindly help me regarding this proj with codings
thanks in advance

expecting a reply soon

hi, i'm currently working on the same project too to send and receive sms by using microcontroller interface with modem... i'm using wavecom modem as well and writing the program in c....

i tried to get the response from the modem by sending AT to the modem from the microcontroller and the displays the OK output onto the LCD to confirm that connection between the microcontroller and the modem is correct... it seems not working and i'm stuck here...

my connections are actually
RC6(TX) ---> T1IN(MAX232) ---> T1OUT(MAX232) ---> RXD(MODEM)
TXD(MODEM) ---> R1IN(MAX232) ---> R1OUT(MAX232) ---> RC7(RX)

are the connections correct? thanks for the reply in advance and i'm still learning right now... sorry for my lack of knowledge...

keane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back