Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

confused with the LPF post-sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am designing a 4 order butterworth LPF these days with the cut-off freq. of 10megaHz. but i am really confused when doing the post-simulation. :cry: u know i am a new new new new designer in this major. :p using the calibre RCC extraction type, i found the cut-off freq. dropped down to nearly 8megaHz, ok, i came back to my layout and modified all the skinny metal more wider i could, the GND metal for instance. but no lucky things happen to me. could u guys tell me what can i do next. what kind of parasitics that affect the cut-off freq. most and where are they. thanks a lot.

You should look first at metal connections of you RC poles. The parasitic capacitor of this connection is in shunt with the real cap, decreasing the cut off.
You can also extract only one net (the one you suspect gives more contribution), adding some pins to the layout, and veryfy your suspects.
Mazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back