Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

confuse to select between VHDL or Verilog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naderus

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm new to HDL and I want to learn it.but I confuse to select between VHDL or Verilog.
please tell me which is more popular and more powerfull and have good library.
Thanks a lot

hi
check out the following topic in the forum:

VHDL vs VERILOG

there i had a post , comparing VHDL and Verilog

regards

Please read this forum rule:

It is true you have to read many book to understand the differents between vhdl and verilog but even if you no it if you are beginner it is not easy to take a decision, some from my part I advise to begin with vhdll cause I think it is more easy to find information on vhdl than verilog but I'm not sure.
Good choice.

Hi,
both are equally good. ...but from my perspective starting with
verilog is good.

Manmohan

hi both are easy & simple......as u get familar with these u will come to know....but as of my expereince u start with VHDL.
regards,
Shraddha

If you have C programming background, which you most probabaly do, then Verilog is the way to go. As it was said "I hope the competition uses VHDL", Verilog has little or no learning curve. You can get up and running in less than 1 hour. Also you don't have to worry about which is popular as a simple search in job sites reveal that equal number of verilog prorgrammers are required.

If it is any comfort to you, Sun microsystems SPARC processors are completely written in verilog.

PS: I've nothing aganist VHDL but in my neutral opinion verilog is the way to go for both the beginner and expert alike.

absolutely, you should chose verilog, because it is simple, c-language like style.

and most people in this world use it to design.

naderus said:
Hi,
I'm new to HDL and I want to learn it.but I confuse to select between VHDL or Verilog.
please tell me which is more popular and more powerfull and have good library.
Thanks a lot

hi
Ya both are easy & simple.
If you are familiar with C coding then go for verilog, otherwise VHDL.
As of my experience you can start with VHDL.

regards,
Sachin

Please start with Verilog. HDL language just use to describe the behaviour of circuirty. No reason why u need to learn VHDL (harder than Verilog).:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back