Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

conflict with power supply terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro Builder

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
https://www.kuebler.com/english2/prod-zlr-std-mec-HR76.html..

please check this url..here they r displaying 115/230 vac and 10-80 vdc as power supply,,,as per my knowledge voltage along with current together can be treated as power supply or in any watts we treated as power.ut here potential is treated as power pls any one clarify my doubt

eaarly waiting for your replies

When you go the the last page of the datasheet, the DC version, 115V version and 230V Version have different product numbers. So you need to know your power supply voltage before ordering.

To avoid any confusion: these are hour counters, not kWh counters. They just start to count hours when you supply the voltage as indicated for the product.
The word "power supply" is just used to show what voltage you need to supply to the device. When you remove the voltage, it stops counting.

Let us see this from another angle.
Do you know a voltage supply that cannot be a power supply? I mean it cannot deliver current hence power to a load.

But you are right to be confused. The voltages of 115/230 V powerlines are usually referred as of power supplies though as you said they are voltage supplies in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.