Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Configuring GSM modem both as server and client

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponnus

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Am using SIM300 AT commands to connect to gprs via gsm modem. I need to configure my modem as both server and client. I know that only one TCP connection exists at once. I want to set the modem as a server for receiving data and when i want to send data, I wish to configure it as a client. My question is that ,can I use the same port for both server and client configuration. ie, if the modem sends data through TCP port 2020 when it is a client, can it use the same port when acts as a server?
Can anybody help me plz. Thanks

Hello,
Can anybody help me plz. I am using sim300 supported gsm modem. Can configure the modem as server and client both simulataneously? I want to listen to clients all the time and when i need to send a request, can i act as a client without changing the server configuration?Please help me..:roll:
Also, I,ve configured the modem as server using tcp connection. And I can connect to another server using udp connection. But the other server is not responding when i sent the data.

Last edited:

Hai,
I know this is a very late reply. I'm just posting it to share what I found out.

In sim300, client and server cannot be active simultaneously. One should change the configuration when needed.
So, I used sim900 which support multiple client- server connections and both client and server can work simultaneously.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.