Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configure Aurora 8b10b in Vivado 2019.2 to generate 3-bit tkeep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar0182

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings, tell you that a couple of days ago I am migrating a project for a Virtex-5 made in ISE 14.5 to Kintex Ultrascale in Vivado 2019.2. At the moment I have managed to update and adapt almost all the ip cores with the exception of Aurora 8B10B since I cannot generate the same size of the tkeep signal that the previous version has. Could someone tell me how I can configure this to get a 3-bit tkeep?

aurora vivado.PNG

this is the configuration in Vivado, this generates a tkeep = 8 bits

aurora ise.PNG

aurora ise 2.PNG

this is the configuration in ISE, this generates a tkeep = 3 bits

Solution
Regarding your errors from post #4 - why l1_coregen_aurora_stub.vhdl is in your project?
Delete it from your project and use l1_coregen_aurora_core.v instead as it clearly states that it is a top level module and has your missing ports:
1626385117295.png

Even better: for generated IP cores in Vivado, Xilinx recommends using .xci files (l1_coregen_aurora.xci in your case). Source: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69690.html

IMHO the best starting point with Aurora is an example design as states in PG046 (Aurora 8B/10B v11.1, LogiCORE IP Product Guide):
1626385478572.png
Is it an AXI interface? TKEEP of 3 bits would indicate only a 24 bit data bus. Tkeep 8 bits indicates 64 bits. Possibly they compressed TKEEP (against axi spec) in the ISE version to be a count rather than actual tkeep?

Size of TKEEP is the number of bytes computed as:
Number of lanes * Lane Width.

AFAIK ISE 14.5 and IPCore Aurora 8B10B v5.3 generates interface LocalLogic (LL) without TKEEP and Vivado generates AXI interface.

You need a glue logic between them.

Last edited:

thanks for your answer @TrickyDicky and @niciki , I just implemented logic to adapt tkeep from 3 bit (Aurora 8B10B v5.3) to 8 bit (Aurora 8B10B v11.1), but I am getting the following errors while synthesizing. Could you explain to me why this happens?

error Aurora.PNG

I have been able to verify that those ports are not in l1_coregen_aurora_stub.vhdl.

What are the full config options for Aurora IP core in Vivado? You have only shown the beginning of them. Scroll down and put here all.

What are the full config options for Aurora IP core in Vivado? You have only shown the beginning of them. Scroll down and put here all.
@niciki these are all the configuration options

Attachments

• vivado ip conf2.PNG
    vivado ip conf2.PNG
    79.8 KB · Views: 125
  • vivado ip conf3.PNG
    vivado ip conf3.PNG
    107.1 KB · Views: 127
  • vivado ip conf4.PNG
    vivado ip conf4.PNG
    98.7 KB · Views: 122
  • vivado ip conf5.PNG
    vivado ip conf5.PNG
    37.9 KB · Views: 116

Give us the design: HDL or block design to see how you connect the Aurora core.
Are some ports not connected?
Check if you can upgrade Aurora IP (not whole Vivado, just the Aurora IP). AFAIK upgrading this IP Core is free of charge if it is existing - some time ago I had issues with generating and upgrading Aurora IP helped.

One thing - shared logic. Are you make a use of the example design, because shared logic with presented options is in the example design, i.e. not in the core. Try to make them inside the core and eraborate once again.

Give us the design: HDL or block design to see how you connect the Aurora core.
Are some ports not connected?
Check if you can upgrade Aurora IP (not whole Vivado, just the Aurora IP). AFAIK upgrading this IP Core is free of charge if it is existing - some time ago I had issues with generating and upgrading Aurora IP helped.

One thing - shared logic. Are you make a use of the example design, because shared logic with presented options is in the example design, i.e. not in the core. Try to make them inside the core and eraborate once again.
I attach the source files and the compressed IP I am using. @niciki I tell you that I have changed to "include shared logic in core" but I am having the same error.

Attachments

• src.rar
    6.5 KB · Views: 71
  • l1_coregen_aurora.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 93

Regarding your errors from post #4 - why l1_coregen_aurora_stub.vhdl is in your project?
Delete it from your project and use l1_coregen_aurora_core.v instead as it clearly states that it is a top level module and has your missing ports:
1626385117295.png

Even better: for generated IP cores in Vivado, Xilinx recommends using .xci files (l1_coregen_aurora.xci in your case). Source: http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69690.html

IMHO the best starting point with Aurora is an example design as states in PG046 (Aurora 8B/10B v11.1, LogiCORE IP Product Guide):
1626385478572.png

Solution
View attachment 170783

View attachment 170785
thanks for the help @niciki , i was finally able to solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back