Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Configuration using $value$plusargs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankie

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to have variable number of drivers for my verification env and also to have different configuration for each driver.
Is there a way of doing it?

E.g
global_config class extends uvm_component;
int no_of_drivers;
int max_delay[];

function new(string name="gbl_cfg", uvm_component parent=null);
super.new(name,parent);
this.name = name;
if (!$value$plusargs("NO_OF_DRV=%d", no_of_drivers))
no_of_drivers = 2;
endfunction

virtual function void build_phase(uvm_phase phase);
super.build_phase(phase);
max_delay = new[no_of_drivers];

foreach(fencer_tx_fc[idx])
begin
if (!$value$plusargs($psprintf("MAX_DELAY_DRV_%0d",idx)=%0d, max_delay[idx])) // This statement does not work. Could you suggest something similar?
max_delay[idx] = 5;
end
end

endfunction
endclass

if (!$value$plusargs($psprintf("MAX_DELAY_DRV_%0d",idx)=%0d, max_delay[idx])) -> This statement does not work. Could you suggest something similar?

If I run with "+NO_OF_DRV=5 +MAX_DELAY_DRV_0=10 +MAX_DELAY_DRV_4=3" compile options, I want the max_delay array to be as follows:
max_delay = {3,5,5,5,10}
If the next simulation is run with "+NO_OF_DRV=2 +MAX_DELAY_DRV_0=1 +MAX_DELAY_DRV_1=2", the max_delay array to be max_delay={1,2}

Is this possible? If so, how?

TIA !

Can you elaborate what you mean by "this statement does not work"? Does it not compile? Does it not grab the value for its corresponding plusarg? I see a syntax error in the pointed statement.

The following will work. Also make sure that the fencer_tx_fc array exists (i.e. array size is not zero). It appears the size of fencer_tx_fc has to be at least a subset or equal to the size of max_delay.

Code:
if(!$value$plusargs({$psprintf("MAX_DELAY_DRV_%0d",idx),"=%d"}, max_delay[idx]))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back