Not open for further replies.

digitalis

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

Thanks for reading my thread. I would like to complete a small project but have little practical electrical knowledge, except from school! I can solder reasonably well, have changed the jacks on some headphones with reasonable success and hope I can achieve this.

What I want to do is to take my computer headset (microphone+earpiece) which has two separate cables and 3.5mm jacks at the ends, one for the microphone and one for the audio connector.

I would like to create a push to talk transmit button on the microphone side. For this, I understand I would need a NO/push to make switch.

Is it possible to just split the microphone cable and to install the switch in between the cabling? Or is there a requirement for any other components? Any help or wiring schematics would be greatly appreciated.

you better connect the jack to a socket with switch and connect the other end to a jack so that it will go to computer.

The switch when not engaged should be connected to the ground via a resistor. Else it could pick up noise.

MIC-------------------------------------SW ----------------

MICGND---------------------------------------------------

instead of above

MIC-------------------------PNTA----/\/\/\-----MICGND

now connect a switch b/n the MIC and PNTA

Status
Not open for further replies.