Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

computer cannot scroll down

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyadimo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I don't know exactly how to describe this :
From time to time all the programs in my laptop get the same disturbance : if I want to scroll down, the pages go back to the top by themselves and I have to fight the scroll bar to view the bottom part s. On search bars the flickering thing that tells you where you're typing goes back to the beginning of the phrase, and on the desktop if i want to click an icon only the first icon on the topper right-hand corner gets to be chosed.
The whole thing feels like there's a gravity force pulling the computer upwards..
When I run ad-ware and a-vast it doesn't fix anything, nore restarting the computer

thanks and regards
nyadimo.

Something like that was going on with my desktop PowerMac. It went away when I got a new mouse.

That's not so easy to do with a laptop. But you might try an add-on mouse.

Do you use two hands to operate the trackpad/ball/stick? My sister has a laptop with metallic surfaces. The trackpad picks up the voltage differential between the two hands. This fools the cursor. Makes it jump around. So we have to use one hand on the trackpad.

It would be easy to suggest de-installing and re-installing the trackpad driver. Or keyboard driver. However if it doesn't work then you might have nothing.

What if your Home key or Page-Up key is stuck? Try tapping them a few times. It might loosen any stickiness, or a rogue whisker connecting the electrical contacts.

If you need to, you can switch between icons (menu items, buttons, etc.) by pressing the Tab key. Press Return to select the highlighted item.

thanks so much, its now working well!!! woooow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back