Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Components on Both Sides of PCB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umery2k75

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can we add components on both sides of PCB using Orcad Layout Plus? In my development board, I have seen decoupling capacitors are attach very near to Microcontroller LQFP 64 pins. One is added near to it and others are added beneath the Microcontroller on other side of PCB. Like wise in a BGA package. I have seen seen, designers often put decoupling capacitors on the opposite side of the BGA package, that is the other side of PCB. So these are attach very near to Microcontroller.But in Layout Plus, components are getting attach on only one side of PCB and not on other side. I want to attach components on other side too.

Double sided assembly is supported even by simple low cost tools and surely by Orcad Layout Plus. You may want to consult the product manuals.

Usual procedures with other tools are mirroring of components or placing the component with respective layer activated. Placement layer (e. g. minimum, maximum) should also show up in component properties. General project or layer-specific options may possibly rule over individual settings.

while in component command click on component and hit T. this will toggle component from top to bottom and back. Hit R to rotate component.

Good luck!

umery2k75

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dado said:
while in component command click on component and hit T.
Another keyboard shortcut. While in component command and the component is on the top layer click on component and press 2. This will put the component on the bottom layer. Press 1 to bring it back to the top layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back