Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compact flash & FPGA (read & write without FAT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eelinker

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to connect Compact Flash to a FPGA (SpartanIIE). , read & write, without FAT configuration.
read & write only for storage big DATA.
can anybody help me ?
(i want VHDL code :idea:)

Dear Sir

As i told u before! CF cards are going to be disappeared soon, instead you can use SD or Memory stick cards, when used efficiently, should give you the same performance as CF card.

any how, since CF card works in "true IDE" mode, you may use an IDE controller to connect to your CF and to write data to it.

**broken link removed**

good luck

Dear mami_hack

SD & Memory Stick dont have my special specification
i want a industrial storage device.

True IDE Mode is simple than PC Card Memory MODE ?

i dont want to use an IDE Controller.

Dear,
How Much Storage do you need?

4 GByte

our constraint force us to use CF.

i want to connect Compact Flash to a FPGA (SpartanIIE). , read & write, without FAT configuration.
read & write only for storage big DATA.
can anybody help me ?
(i want VHDL code :idea:)

excuse me,sir
did you achive your project in common memory mode? i am trying to operate CF card in common memory mode but still not clear the way it works,can you give me hand ? sincerely thank you for your help.

Given that the last post of this member was more than 3 years ago ... I doubt you'll get a reply there. You'll have better chances describing what you've done already and what specifically does not work. "I tried stuff and it doesn't work" won't get you much help either. :p Please be specific. :)

Re: Compact flash & FPGA (read & write without FAT)

As i told u before! CF cards are going to be disappeared soon, instead you can use SD or Memory stick cards, when used efficiently, should give you the same performance as CF card.

any how, since CF card works in "true IDE" mode, you may use an IDE controller to connect to your CF and to write data to it.

Compact cards are still used in many digital camera due to its super high speed data transfer rate over SD cards that are comparatively easier to interface and handle. In 2010 it was used my Nikon in their high resolution cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Sir

**broken link removed**

good luck

Compact cards are still used in many digital camera due to its super high speed data transfer rate over SD cards that are comparatively easier to interface and handle. In 2010 it was used my Nikon in their high resolution cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back