Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Compact Flash: Anyone does it with PC Card Memory Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hill

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have search the web and all I can get about compact flash card interface are in 'True IDE mode'. Is anyone does it in 'PC Card Memory Mode'?

Any pointer is highly appreciated.
Thanks & best regards.

hill said:
Hi all,

I have search the web and all I can get about compact flash card interface are in 'True IDE mode'. Is anyone does it in 'PC Card Memory Mode'?

Any pointer is highly appreciated.
Thanks & best regards.

I do not quite understand what you are searching for, but I can point you to CF drivers for usage with PIC. The drivers are written in mikroPascal and are well tested. Here is the link:

**broken link removed**

And here is the link for a project which explains how to write acquisition results to CF card:

**broken link removed**

Thanks very much for your response.

But the example that you posted is in "True IDE Mode". In true IDE mode, only 3 lines of address bus are needed and the rest are connected to GND. What I want is "PC Memory Mode" which will make uses of all the address lines. Does anyone have an example for this?

Thanks again & best regards.

Hi goshka,
Thanks a lot.

I have a look, but still it's in True IDE mode with just 3 address lines connected to micro-controller. Those sites gives very good information. I may need to refer to it in future. Anyway for the time being, I need to implement PC MEMORY mode which will makes use all the address lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.