Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Communicate with pc through USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_shyam1682

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends

i have one project, in which i want to use one Microcontroller

and this Micro controller communicate with PC through USB

so, please help to select better Microcontroller
and give me some technical link or idea for USB communication

please give programming Code for microcontroller

with Regards

Ghanshyam Dudhat

i thing PIC18F series supports usb .. look in their datasheet and the help of ur compiler ..

hi friend

i am trying Pic18F4550 Microcontroller
for USB Communication
but i am not success in programming

if u have any programming code

please send me

Thanks

g_shyam1682 said:
hi friend

i am trying Pic18F4550 Microcontroller
for USB Communication
but i am not success in programming

if u have any programming code

please send me

Thanks

You can use USB HID or virtual serial port communication tech.

Try the STM32. The usb stack and windows drivers/software are provided. I have got my virtual comm port to work on the STM32 without any software problem. I just needed a 1.5K Ohm resistor to be pulled up on the + line to get it to work. The schematics for the USB is provided with the PCB layouts so it should be easy to design your board. For software you can use WinARM and for the programmer you can buy it from Raisonance for 79 Euros. I imagine it will be the same for the Texas Cortex devices as well.

You can use PIC 18f4550 mcu's. It can be programmed via USB after loading the boot-loader program in its flash using any JDM based programmer.

---
**broken link removed**

I haven't use the PIC 18F4550 but I have used 16F877 and below. I really didn't like the single interrupt routine and checking interrupt flags compare to a single interrupt routine for a peripheral. The price for the PIC chip cost more than the STM32 which has more features than the PIC if compare with a similar price range. Hence the reason why my company shifted to the STM32. Take a look at the example code at the st.com website and check how easy to write a USB software (https://www.st.com/stonline/products/support/micro/files/um0424.zip) as most of the low levels stuff is taking care by the libraries. In my honest opinion, I prefer the STM32 over the PIC any day due to the feature and the ease of programming.

Thanks all of you

now i will start My USB project with PIC18F4550 Microcontroller

and i am use MicroC 8.0.0.0 IDE for programming

In MicroC IDE, there is ready made library for HID interface and also some example

I am trying that example, But There is no result

I have doubt

1) i am use 20.000MHz crystal
2) Config bit is not provided in example, i set that bit as per my knowledge
3) i am using univesal programmer, so i don't consider bootloader

please help me to find out, where is wrong

Regard

Ghanshyam

Status
Not open for further replies.