Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

common point for hold fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax747

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am looking for adding delay buf at hold endpoints ,trying to trace out common point,so that i can put a buf at that point to see changes across all violating endpoints,I am stuck at the point ,to get the common point for example 1000 unique endpoints,please share your thoughts on how to approach.

PT or tempus eco fixing tool are pretty clever to propose where to add/modify a buffers to fix the violations over all PVT loaded and as well physically where to place it/them to have the less impact on the re-route optimization.

Hi All,

I am looking for adding delay buf at hold endpoints ,trying to trace out common point,so that i can put a buf at that point to see changes across all violating endpoints,I am stuck at the point ,to get the common point for example 1000 unique endpoints,please share your thoughts on how to approach.
this is very hard to do by hand. what you think is a hold choke point is actually a setup path somewhere else.
unless you see a super clear pattern, like all data_reg_[] flops of a bus suffer the same issue, I wouldn't bother to fix this by hand.

it would be much wiser to try to fix them one by one and see if you can fix the overall pattern like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back