Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Common gate impedance matching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really might look into buying that amplifier that somebody suggested here.
The Velleman preamplifier uses the LM358 dual low power general purpose opamp that is HORRIBLE for low level audio:
1) It is noisy (hiss).
2) It has awful crossover distortion.
3) It has trouble above 2kHz at high output levels.
But you can throw away the LM358 and plug in a good dual audio opamp instead into its IC socket.

I agree with the preamplifier circuit rating, but would add one point. The 100k resistors of the inverting input amplifier are the dominant noise source. The overall noise will only slightly reduce when using a better amplifier. The circuit has to be modified to work as low noise microphone amplifier.

Then can you recommend me some preamplifier kit?

The spec's for the transformer are only its size. Frequency response?? Max input level?? Distortion?? Either they are hiding something or they do not have a clue about audio products.

Reactions: I14R10

I14R10

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The adapter is cheap enough to be sold without detailed specification. I would expect it's working for your purpose.

Reactions: I14R10

I14R10

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.