Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

common centroid diff pair layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunkumar446

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
common centroid layout examples

can any one help me, how common centroid diff pair layout is done and wt are it's advantages. reference to some papers is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

common centroid

arunkumar446 said:
can any one help me, how common centroid diff pair layout is done and wt are it's advantages.
Better matching, better symmetry. S. common-centroid.pdf below. This would provide the best matching for 2 equal transistors.

arunkumar446 said:
reference to some papers is appreciated, Thanks in advance.
Here you may find some examples of common centroid layout.

layout common centroid

moreover it reduces the offset effect

layout of common centroid diff

deepak242003 said:
moreover it reduces the offset effect
Not at all. Just the difference between offset voltages.

Hai Guys,
I have one dout
which below mentioed pattern is good and avoid the gradient and offset voltage??????????

ABAB ABBA
BABA VS BAAB
ABAB BAAB
BABA ABBA

Rgds
Kumaran.S

kumarans said:
Hai Guys,
I have one dout
which below mentioed pattern is good and avoid the gradient and offset voltage??????????

ABAB ABBA
BABA VS BAAB
ABAB BAAB
BABA ABBA

Rgds
Kumaran.S

Hi Kumaran, I think the common-centriod would be better, for example, usually the ABBA would be better then ABAB.

Besides, I have another question, for the amp pair:
ABBA
BAAB
the route all in the middle channel or around the device, which one would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back