Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Command line error:Switch "-quiet"is not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nils

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
command line quiet

Hi @ll,

I'm new in FPGA Design.
For my student research project I try to start running the Altium NanoBoard-NB1 with an Xilinx SPARTAN-IIE FPGA chip on it.
I'm working with the Altium Designer an Nexar 2004. I have also installed the XILINX ISE WebPack 8.1i in order to be able to program the FPGA on the daughterboard.
But when I start programming the FPGA an error message is displayed as follows:

ERROR:portability:90 - Command line error:Switch "-quiet" is not allowed

Can anybody help me with this error message? Do I have to change some adjustment?

Thanks a lot

Nils

I assume you are trying to run Xilinx iMPACT, but you didn't say how you launched it. iMPACT 8.1i accepts various command-line parameters, but "-quiet" is not one of them.

Most folks launch Xilinx iMPACT without any command line parameters, and then use its (confusing) GUI to configure the FPGA. Some folks run iMPACT in command-line batch mode without any GUI.

Re: Command line error:Switch "-quiet"is not allow

i solved this problem by installing the xilinx ise 7.1 ...
with this version the switch -quiet is allowed.

the other option to solve the problem would be to upgrade the altium designer to version 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back