Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

combining digital layout with analog layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnejati

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
who can I combine digital layout with analog layout and what are the constraints?

A practice I have used in the past that seems to work when doing this type of layout is - Kepp the grounding system seperate between digital and analog except for one point. (keep ground loops away). I also have connected the two grounds loosely through a low ohm resister rather than a hard connection. Also be careful about high analog trace currents or high frequency digital coupling from one to the other. Use Right angles when traces cross one another on top and bottom of board. This will minimize the coupling between the two signals. In other words don't run the two signals in parallel with each other on top and bottom.

Just a couple suggestions.

good luck.

dfullmer

thanks
I want to knoe the name of software

Hi hnejati,

I use Orcad in my layout but there are several on the market that are good. Do a search on the net and you should be able to find several.

regards

dfullmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back